JOB TITLE: Researcher (Contract)
REPORTING TO: Operations/Programs-Advocacy Officer
SECONDARY SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
LOCATION: Anywhere in Nigeria
DURATION: Six (6) Months
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpreting research specifications and developing a work plan that satisfies requirements.
- Conducting desktop research, and using books, journal articles, newspaper sources, questionnaires, surveys, polls, and interviews to gather data.
- Analyzing and interpreting patterns and trends around intersex issues around the six geo political zones in Nigeria.
- Recording findings by taking written notes and using appropriate technological software to store findings.
- Maintaining and protecting electronic databases.
- Assisting management with budget and time schedules on research matters.
- Anticipating research issues and promptly resolving them.
- Promptly reporting any problems to relevant stakeholders regarding research methodologies.
- Following a strict code of ethics and protecting any confidential information at all times.
- Conducting experiments, survey sessions, and data collection.
- Identifying key areas of concern and areas of improvement in research design and implementation as it relates to intersex issues/challenges.
- Analyzing and organizing gathered information.
- Drafting and finalizing research reports for presentation.
The candidate is required to possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in research methodology, math, business, statistics, marketing, social science, or a related field.
- At least three years’ relevant work experience in the NGO space.
- Proven experience in a research field.
- Sound understanding of research methodologies.
- Proficiency in MS Office, SPSS and other research and data collation tools.
- Strong statistical and mathematical aptitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable research skills such as data analytics, statistics, or survey design.
- Team-working and communication skills.
- Practical experience in database management.
- Knowledge of research and experimental techniques for gathering both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to conduct research independently.
- Attention to detail and exceptional written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
- A passion for social change with interest in the field of gender equality, human rights, SOGIESC, social justice, and civic engagement.
- Exceptional professionalism, follow-through and people skills.
- Availability to travel within
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV’s to email@example.com
Email subject should read RESEARCHER (CONTRACT/Intersex Nigeria)
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Application for this role closes at 12 midnight on the 30TH of April, 2022