JOB TITLE: Program Officer (Human Rights and Advocacy)
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria (on-site)
REPORTING TO: Executive Director
Intersex Nigeria invites interested and motivated applicants to apply for the role of Human Rights and
Advocacy officer. The Human rights and Advocacy officer will support the formulation and
implementation of advocacy and human rights programs and activities at Intersex Nigeria.
(Additional duties may be assigned)
• Working closely with the Executive Director to execute human rights programming
specifically for the intersex community.
• Identifying advocacy opportunities and priorities and developing strategic advocacy channels to
achieve Intersex Nigeria’s advocacy objectives.
• Acting as an advocate for intersex persons and representing their needs legally as minority groups.
• Facilitating training sessions and other capacity-building activities for the community, stakeholders,
• Developing proposals and preparing reports, briefings, and other publications for human rights
programming and creation of awareness on intersex issues and challenges.
• Liaison with internal and external teams to plan, execute, monitor, and document advocacy projects.
• Writes a variety of reports, communications, briefings, statements, and lead advocacy visits to policy-making bodies.
• Performs other related duties that may be assigned by direct supervisors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Gender studies, International relations, and Political Science, or any
Related social science courses.
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the NGO space.
• Experience facilitating training sessions and project managerial skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues and conflicts of interest.
• Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with a diverse team locally and internationally.
• Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating with both external partners and the internal project
teams in formal and informal presentations.
• A passion for social change with an interest in the field of SOGIESC and social justice.
• Exceptional professionalism, follow through, and people skills.
• Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humor are a plus.
• Availability to travel within and outside Nigeria.
The salary for this role ranges from ₦200, 000 – ₦250,000 monthly. This is a contract position. We are
seeking exceptional applicants and we offer excellent working benefits and perks.
Application Closing Date:
23rd January 2023.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to; email@example.com
using the job title as the subject of the mail.
NOTE: Intersex Nigeria still firmly believes that diversity is beautiful, diverse team are strong teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employee diversity, composed of teams with a
mix of genders, ages, education, tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We solely do
encourage candidates of all sexes, genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins resident
in Nigeria to apply for these positions.