JOB TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Intern (Full Time)
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
REPORTING TO: Programs Officer/Programs Officer-Advocacy
SECONDARY SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with the programs officer, communications persons and operations officer to carry out intersex rights programming.
- Preparing proposals, reports, briefings and other such publications for intersex rights programming.
- Participate in designing data collection tools, templates, and assist in regular data collection.
- Provide support to the M & E specialist in their technical assistance to project staff on implementing the M&E plan.
- Participate in data collection and analysis to determine progress achieved as stated in the programming.
- Assist in tracking the project’s output and outcome level results on the periodic basis in close coordination with the project’s implementing team as well as with Implementing Partners (IPs).
- Support data collection, verification and compilation from the field as stipulated in the M&E plan.
- Review and compile monitoring reports, project progress reports, evaluation reports, photographs, case studies video documentaries, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Update and maintain the project database.
- Assist in reviewing field-level assessment reports, baseline studies, and evaluation reports.
- Support the M&E to ensure that reports from partners/consultants are complete and meet the Intersex Nigeria standards and quality requirements.
- Assist in the quality assessments of project design, implementation, and closure based on Intersex Nigeria quality assurance standards.
- University Degree in relevant field with at least sound knowledge in designing, implementing M&E related tasks.
- Knowledge on writing reports, and designing tools for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Good interpersonal, communications, and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of managing databases.
- Analytical knowledge including knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Has the confidence to manage and facilitate groups and loves to do so.
- Is a good communicator, with strong interpersonal skills, and natural empathy.
- Is self-aware and possess a comfort with their own identity and a diverse range of other identities, such as sexual and gender identities, able to build others’ trust and keep confidence, and takes responsibility for personal performance
- Flexible attitude, creative, innovative, sense of humour.
- Full professional proficiency in English will be an added advantage
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Kindly send your CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12 Midnight, Monday, 30TH May, 2022
Email subject should read: “Monitoring and Evaluation Intern”.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Intersex-Nigeria believes that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins to apply. However, applications from young intersex persons and intersex persons with disabilities will be given priority.