JOB TITLE: Finance Officer
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria (on-site)
REPORTING TO: Senior Finance Officer
SECONDARY SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
The Finance Officer is responsible for all financial aspects of Intersex Nigeria. They will manage the budget,
prepare financial reports, and ensure that all financial transactions are conducted legally and ethically.
(Additional duties may be assigned)
• Manage the day-to-day financial expenses of the organization.
• Process all petty cash reconciliations regularly.
• Work closely with the programs department in preparing budgets for programs and proposals.
• Develops and maintains a proper documentation and filing system in accordance with approved
• Contributes to maintaining quality financial systems and processes within the organization.
• Prepares financial reports and documents in accordance with donor guidelines and requirements.
• Ensures that accurate records are kept by standard practices.
• Monitors and reports to the Senior finance officer on administrative works.
• Assist with any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
• BSc degree in Accounting or Banking and Finance.
• Professional qualification is considered a plus.
• At least 2 years’ NGO experience as a finance officer or experience in financial accounting.
• Familiarity and experience in the use of QuickBooks accounting software.
• Good communication skills in written and verbal English.
• Positive attitude to working in a multi-ethnic/social environment.
• Flexibility and multi-tasking skills to work under pressure.
• Good computer skills (Powerpoint, Word, Excel).
• Understanding of human rights principles including knowledge about SOGIESC.
• Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humor are a plus.
• Availability to travel within and outside Nigeria.
The salary for this role ranges from ₦150, 000 – ₦200,000 monthly. This is a full-time position. We are
seeking exceptional applicants for this role and offering exceptional working benefits and perks.
Application Closing Date:
23rd January 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to; firstname.lastname@example.org
using the job title as the subject of the mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Intersex Nigeria still firmly believes that diversity is beautiful, diverse team are strong teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employee diversity, composed of teams with a
mix of genders, ages, education, tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We solely do
encourage candidates of all sexes, genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins resident
in Nigeria to apply for these positions.